Thursday, September 26, 2013

A year ago today...

I was nervous, anxious, and excited. Michael and I waited in the dark ultra sound room for the nurse to come in. We knew we were expecting and we knew we were about six weeks along. That moment, sitting on that table, I started to panic as thoughts raced through my brain. Nothing could have prepared me for what was coming. Our first pregnancy with Tripp was a surprise and we consider it one of our best to date. This pregnancy was not a surprise but the news that came with this pregnancy will be a moment that will forever be stamped on my heart. That moment where I first met my sweet not one, not two, but three babies for the very first time. All that I could see on a screen was a round circle and a tiny flicker…a very tiny heartbeat. It was one year ago today that we first heard the news that I was carrying three babies. Michael and I just listened and looked at each other, listened and looked at each other. I laughed nervously the entire appointment and it is safe to say we were both in shock at the very idea I could possibly be having triplets. Looking back it makes my heart hurt that the doctor spoke with me about “selective reduction.” Looking at my sweet babies now….which ones would you ever ask me to give up?? The doctor told us not to go out and by a triple stroller that most higher order pregnancies “spontaneously reduced” in the first ten weeks and even if I didn’t miscarry that the chances of me carrying these babies full term was highly unlikely. It was in my favor that I had carried a full term pregnancy before but that I should be aware of all the risks that I am facing and to seriously think about reducing. I knew in my soul that wasn’t an option for me. Michael and I left the doctor and we put our faith in God in check and we tried to soak in what we had just been told. We started making phone calls to parents to tell them. We were too shocked to come up with anything clever and the news itself was shocking enough. ….And so began our journey, one year ago today. A ride that I will never forget but wouldn’t trade for the world. Fast forward a full year later, my trio are five months old now. We could not have made it through this year without the love and support of soapy family and friends. Words will never express our gratitude for the love that has been shown to our family. So thank you for taking the time to be a part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment